Here are a few pointers to help you navigate and get the most out of Cloud Pegboard.
Services Table tips
Searching (filtering rows)
- Search box searches across all attributes (even if they are not in view).
- Search is not case sensitive.
- A space between terms means AND.
- Some fields have special terms (instead of Yes/No) to help searching. For example, if Cloud Formation is supported, the field is populated with 'CFN' so that you can search using 'CFN'. Terraform is denoted with 'TFM', and each compliance type shows the full name as the field value. Therefore to search for 'PCI' or 'HIPAA' you can just enter those terms (case insensitive).
Use the Perspectives menu choice to select the columns to display. Changing the perspective does not change what rows are displayed.
Creating lists of services
You can create lists of services to uses as quick filters for what rows are displayed. Lists can also be used to generate email notifications for services in the selected lists.
: Looking for help on Cloudcraft integration? Click here for details.
To create a list, select the desired rows in the table, then use the My Services menu to create a list. Details follow...
To select services
- Click on a row to select a service (avoid clicking on links when doing this)
- Shift-click to select a range of rows
- Control-click (PC) or Command-click (Mac) to select/deselect a single row to add/remove it from the current selections
- Use the search box to find services to select. Selections are maintained even if rows are filtered and not displayed.
- Clicking on a row will clear all selections and just select that row (take care not to do this when creating a list of selections using control/command-click)
To create list from selections
- Select a set of services as described above
- Select the My Services menu and enter a name for the list (may contain spaces and dashes)
- Optionally select Watch to enabled email notifications for that list (you can enable/disable watches on lists via the Edit profile menu.
- Select Create to create the list
We are experimenting with alternative ways for you to create lists that make it as easy and productive for you as possible.
If it helps, feel free to email us ANY artifact that contains lists of services, and we'll create your lists for you (in the future, the methods that are most popular will be automated directly via the UI.
Example artifact formats include:
- CloudFormation or Terraform templates
- Scripts using AWS CLI
- Code using any AWS SDK (e.g., Boto3, etc.)
- Architecture diagrams from any drawing tool (e.g, PowerPoint, Draw.io, PDF, Visio, etc.)
- Output from logs, describe commands or anything that contains the names of AWS services that you care about
Using lists to filter rows
To filter the displayed rows using one of your lists
- Select My Services and select the desired list name
- Once a list filter is applied, searches will search within the filtered list
- To clear the filter, select Clear under the Filter heading
- To change your notification options (which lists cause notifications and at what frequency), click on your name in the menu bar and select Edit profile
To use Slack to query Cloud Pegboard and for other Slack integration help, please see this Slack help page.
To automatically create Cloud Pegboard lists of AWS services based on your library of Cloudcraft blueprints, please see our Cloudcraft integration page.
Please Contact us and let us know about anything that we can do better! We want you to have an awesome experience using Cloud Pegboard and need to hear from you so that we know where we can improve. Thanks!